There's nothing you can't do.

Friday, March 1, 2013

Easy Little Shelves

What do an empty clementine crate, wire shelves, and my daughter's crafts all have in common? They're hanging on my wall!



I have been on the look out for shelves that would allow us to show off the lovely crafts my daughter brings home from school. Up until now, they have been on our kitchen counter, but it looked jumbled up rather than giving it a showcase feel.

I ran across a silver wire shelf at a thrift store and thought it would be nice to use for the smaller items. Since we have a black and yellow kitchen, I decided to paint over the silver with some of our black Rustoleum paint (this stuff is so handy to have around the house - I use it for so many crafts!).

We also have a few taller crafts that didn't fit inside the wire cube, and I thought I'd also paint an empty clementine crate to see if it'd look okay as well as hold the taller items.



I was able to hang the wire shelves using sheetrock screws, and I just sat the crate on top. I think it works very well, and I love the extra space on my kitchen counter! It made my 5-year-old feel special to see her arts and crafts up in a special place of their own, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment