There's nothing you can't do.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A Healthy St. Patrick's Day Treat

Sometimes I feel like trying to feed my family healthy food is as dangerous and difficult as traipsing through a wild-animal infested jungle. Holidays are so much fun, but I always dread the onslaught of artificial colors, trans fats, and chemicals that my daughter ends up eating.

I'm don't go overboard with it, and usually just try to do what I can, especially when we eat at home. As someone who has lived through a cancer diagnosis, though, I try to do everything possible to ensure that she never has to go through that.

Sometimes it works out great, like the pink Hello Kitty cupcakes tinted with beet juice (more about that later). Other times, it's a total flop, like the red velvet cake sweetened and colored with cooked beets, which was neither red nor sweet and got tossed in the garbage.

This is such an easy and healthy treat for St. Patrick's Day, though!


It's a green apple shamrock with a pot o'gold on the side! The best part? All you need is a sliced green apple and a little dish of nut butter. Yum! Erin go Bragh!

No comments:

Post a Comment