There's nothing you can't do.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

How to Throw a Mad Men Party, Part 4 of 4: Decorations

Our party decorations were pretty simple: I searched Google Images for Mad Men Ads, found a few good ones, printed them, and taped them to the walls. Some of my favorites are from this page; they should look familiar to fans of the show. I also found quite a few entertaining, real ads from the era, and printed those as well. This is a great example:


We also wanted a great soundtrack to set the mood. A few months ago, my husband had the foresight to pick out a new television that allowed us to watch YouTube directly on the television. So, I chose the first hour of the Trololo 10 hours video for the first part of our party.



No one really seemed to mind, or notice, even, since they were just getting here, meeting and greeting everyone, and catching up. Once everyone was here and settled, my husband cut over to a playlist of 1960's-era ads. Alternatives this could be streaming Mad Men on Netflix through your Wii, or even playing episodes on your DVD.

As an added bonus, I made personalized wine glasses for all the ladies that came to the party. I used the same font I mentioned in Part 3 and printed out each name. I then cut the name to fit into a wine glass and taped it to the inside of the glass. I used a Pebeo Pen to trace the name on the outside of the glass.



These pens are wonderful for personalizing and painting on glass and ceramics. Just let the paint dry, then bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes, turn the oven off, and leave the glass inside the oven until it cools. Once you do this, it's microwave and dishwasher safe. The Pebeo paints really do hold up well and last much longer than others I have used.

We had a great time at our party! We had a lot of booze left after our party, so we're thinking about having a premiere party on March 25. Too bad it's on a Sunday night, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment