There's nothing you can't do.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day Cake Pops

Valentines Day Cake Pops

Earlier today, these cake pops popped into my head and it took my sugar-deprived body a couple of hours to shake it. I made them two years ago, when I was going through my cake pop phase. I usually go with the standard Bakerella recipe - combine a baked cake with frosting, mix it all together, then shape, chill, and dip (or in the case of these... cover in marshmallow fondant).

To make the heart-shaped pop, I used a heart-shaped cookie cutter and filled it with the cake/icing mixture, added a stick and chilled it in the freezer. Then I covered it with fondant, and used tinted fondant and a smaller heart-shaped cookie cutter for the smaller heart decoration.

I've noticed that you can buy cake pop baking pans now, and it kind of makes me sad. I applaud the inventor's moxie for identifying the market and getting out the product, but it's just baking regular cake on a stick, right? Regular cake on a stick will never, ever be as moist and delicious as the original cake/icing combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment