There's nothing you can't do.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Scent-sational Teacher's Appreciation Gifts!

Last year was my daughter's first year of preschool, and I had no idea there was such a thing as "Teacher Appreciation Week" (and Day!) until after it was all said and done. So, last year, I hastily picked up a potted plant at our local home improvement super store, added a quick "Thanks for making me grow!" tag, and gave it to her teacher for Easter.

This year, on the other hand, I'm ahead of the game. Teacher Appreciation Day isn't until May 8, 2012, but I finished our gifts today! Altogether, my preschooler has 5 teachers for Art, Assistants, and everything else. I think I may do something extra for her main teacher, but until then, I at least have these lavender sachets ready.


It was really very simple - all I did was use some fabric remnants to make a few little pouches by cutting them into rectangles, folding them in half, and sewing along two edges (with right sides together, leaving one edge open). I filled the open edge with dried lavender buds (but you could use potpourri if you don't have lavender), then closed the open edge with a top stitch.


Then, I tied them together with a bow, and added a card that says, "Thank you for being a SCENT-sational teacher!" I let my daughter sign her name on the backs of the cards, and they're all set!


Sure, it's not completely original (there are lots of other posts like this on the Internet), but I'm really proud of the fact that I finished something early! I'm (unfortunately) known for my procrastination, and I admit that I feel like I work better under pressure (I like to think of it as forced efficiency). But this time, I'm ahead of the game. Yay!

It feels great to get this off my to-do list!

No comments:

Post a Comment