There's nothing you can't do.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

How to Make an Easy Gift Container

I recently made some bath teas to give as gifts (more about that later), and I found myself in need of containers for them. Rather than using a ziploc bag or something similar, I thought I'd reuse a few plastic containers from our cabinet to create something pretty (and airtight!).



What You'll Need:

-Plastic container
-Paint (I used spray flat enamel for the white and tinted wall paint for the border)
-Ribbon or other decorations
-Sharpie / Marker
-Glue

This was what I started with - it once held cheese. It isn't recyclable in this area, so it feels good to dress it up and use it for something nice.

All you have to do is paint the lid, glue on your bow or other decorations, then write the recipient's name on the lid using the marker. I chose the font I mentioned in this post to fancy it up.

That's it! I filled it up, gave it, and the recipient loved it!









No comments:

Post a Comment