There's nothing you can't do.

Thursday, September 27, 2012

An Easy Gift For Your Man

It's always hard to find a good gift for a man - all the men in my life buy something the minute they want it. My husband was in need of a small box to place the items from his pockets at the end of each day, though, and I was lucky enough to find this pretty wooden box at a local thrift store.



It was in great shape but had a couple of nicks and scratches in the wood. I wish I'd taken a before picture, so you could see how easy those were to fix using Restor-a-finish by Howard. 


I can't say enough good things about this stuff - it rocks. I use it for any real wood - on our bedroom furniture, dining room table, wooden trim on the stairs...it really just works great, with no sanding or refinishing. 
I cleaned up the inside of the box using a lint roller, and I added a photo of my daughter and me to the little indented spot in the lid, for a personal touch.


We gave it to my husband for his birthday, and it was a big hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment