There's nothing you can't do.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Another T-shirt Yarn Scarf

After I made the last scarves from T-shirts, I came across this awesome-looking scarf made from t-shirt yarn and a crocheted cuff. I decided to give one a try, but since I don't crochet, I used a felted wool sweater. For the T-shirt yarn, I used three large t-shirts.


For the most part, I followed her directions, but my t-shirts didn't quite give me 12 strips that were 144 inches long. Mine were about 96 inches each, so I went with that. 


Since the felted wool sleeve's knit was very tight, I used a chop stick to push the edge through the bottom of the sleeve and out the other side, then I was able to pull them through until they hung evenly out each side. 

It isn't perfect, but I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment